Budget and Money Talk

>> Thursday, March 31, 2011

We are entering the second quarter of 2011 today. Have you been on top of your budget?  Have you reached any of your financial goals for 2011? I can honestly say that my budget has slipped just like the spring weather has disappeared for the past week! It is rainy, sleety and snowy here in the Washington DC area.  I know that my calendar said it was spring on March 20, 2011, but the weather does not. 


courtesy of http://www.deborahowens.com

Back to budget and money talk. How are you on staying on budget? If the answer is yes-Congratulations!  If the answer is no-don't worry there is time!   The best part is that you can start your budget any day of the year. There is no rhyme or reason. 


This past weekend I attended the Get Radical Conference in Washington DC that featured the wonderful Deborah Owens, Rhonda Britten, Ali Brown, Jillian Michaels, Niecy Nash as well as Doreen Rainey.  The day was filled with so many a-ha moments, resonating thoughts, and words of wisdom.  Deborah Owens, is a wealth coach and has "A Purse of Your Own" financial program. She is empowering women to be financial empowered on their journey to being financially wealthy.  I am very excited to begin this program.  


courtesy of http://frugalfabulousfinds.blogspot.com 
While I am in the beginning stages of reading Deborah's books and getting set up, I wanted to share with you all a blog that I have found useful.  Frugal Fabulous Finds is a blog that shares Couponing 101, and Budgeting 101. Make sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter as well.  She has some great deals for couponing.   What I found today was her tips on budgeting and using the envelope system.  Pretty much everyone knows that Dave Ramsey is known for his envelope system, and I even shared some about it before.  Well Wendy shares her envelope system and how she used her rewards from Staples to help get her started. I am setting up my own envelope system this weekend based on her budgeting posts.  



I am attaching three links to Wendy's posts on budgets-how to create one, her financial goals for 2011, and the envelope system update.   (click on the line to be taken to the post)


TIPSTER TUESDAY - SIMPLEST WAY TO CREATE A BUDGET FOR BEGINNERS




FINANCIAL GOALS FOR 2011-MY PERSONAL LIST-HAVE YOU MADE YOURS?



The internet is a wonderful place where tons of "free" resources are available.  We all have our style of learning and doing.  By utilizing the internet to read and research things we are able to formulate the best "program" that will help us achieve our goals -financially, personally and professionally.  

I don't think I have found the "perfect for me"  budgeting system but I can't wait to explore Deborah Owen's "Purse of Her Own" and start making financial goals for the 2nd quarter of 2011 based on the suggestions from Wendy


1 comments:

Ana Plourde August 23, 2011 at 3:27 AM  

Thanks for sharing those blogs. I really need to change my budget plans and this is a big help for me especially these days.

ShareThis

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy

I am not a certified financial planner. Any posts or pages written within this blog is the opinion of myself and not to be taken as financial advice. Any actions by an individual driven by information within this property do so at their own risk. Always consult a professional before making financial decisions.

Your information will not be sold to any third parties.

Contact Me

The Financial Nanny
thefinancialnanny@gmail.com

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP